We're back with Episode 2 of this little cinematic experiment. Some things worked better this time (I learned I need to look at the camera and stop saying "um"), and some things went downhill (natural lighting during toddler's nap kept changing as clouds rolled off Lake Michigan carried by the stiff wind).
In this episode, I address -- though not exactly answer -- a question posted by a viewer after Episode 1: How can congregations be involved with peacemaking? Here is the video, and resources are listed down below it.
- Toward a Definition of Shalom (A Better World)
- Church and Society, Missiological Challenges for the Seventh-day Adventist Church (Rudi Maier, Editor, 2015)
- Ch. 11 "War, Peace & Nonviolence"
- Ch. 12 "Advocates for Social Change: Beyond 'Teaching People How to Fish'"
- Reinvent Your Sabbath School: Discover How Exhilarating a Ministry-Driven Class Can Be (Chris Blake, 2001)
- Peace Ministry: A Handbook for Local Churches (Daniel Buttry, 1995)
- A Culture of Peace: God’s Vision for the Church (Alan Kreider, Eleanor Kreider, & Paulus Widjaja, 2005)
- The Just Church: Becoming a Risk-taking, Justice-seeking, Disciple-making Congregation (Jim Martin, 2012)
- Faith-Rooted Organizing: Mobilizing the Church in Service to the World (Alexia Salvatierra & Peter Heltzel, 2014)
- Doing Justice: Congregations and Community Organizing (Dennis Jacobsen, 2001)
- Social Analysis: Linking Faith and Justice (Joe Holland & Peter Henriot, 2001)
- The Externally Focused Church (Rick Rusaw & Eric Swanson, 2004)
- Churches That Make a Difference: Reaching Your Community with Good News & Good Works (Ronald Sider, Philip Olson, & Heidi Rolland Unruh, 2002)
- Adventist Peace Radio, Episode 15: Pedrito Maynard-Reid Lectures On Justice
- Adventist Peace Radio, Episode 11: Daniel Xisto & Peacemaking In Charlottesville
- Adventist Peace Radio, Episode 8: Blessed Are The Demonstrators (Jeff Boyd)
- Adventist Peace Radio, Episode 4: Peace Church Network (Jeff Gang & Lisa Diller)
- Peace Maker Honor (PathfindersOnline.org)
- Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Outreach/Peace Maker (Skill Level 1)
- Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Outreach/Peace Maker - Advanced (Skill Level 2)