The 7th annual Andrews University Social Consciousness Summit will focus on the legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr. as it commemorates the 50th anniversary of his assassination (April 4-7, 2018). King was murdered on April 4, 1968, in Memphis, Tennessee.
Key presenters are Jason O'Rourke, Claudia Allen, Tatum Fowler, and Tiffany Llewellyn. The four-day event is co-sponsored by the Adventist Peace Fellowship, Adventists for Social Justice, the AU Office of Research & Creative Scholarship, the School of Graduate Studies, and the Office of Diversity & Inclusion.
Wednesday, April 4
- 6:30–8 p.m. Vigil: King Commemoration
Thursday, April 5
- 12:30–1:30 p.m. Lunch & Learn: Jason O'Rourke
- 6:30–9 p.m. Dinner & Dialogue—Film: The Rape of Recy Taylor
Friday, April 6
- 12:30–1:30 p.m. Lunch & Learn: Claudia Allen
- 8:45–10:30 p.m. Impact Vespers: Tatum Fowler
Saturday, April 7
- 4–6 p.m. The Agora
- 6–7 p.m. Day of Prayer: "Against the Strongholds" (Pioneer Memorial Church)
ADVENTIST PEACE RADIO: If all goes as planned, we will record a podcast episode discussing King's legacy. Look for it here in late April or early May.